SOLVED

Engagement Program with Recipient Time Zone Showing Exhausted Content

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 5

Engagement Program with Recipient Time Zone Showing Exhausted Content

Hello Community!

I'm looking for some guidance as I can't seem to find anything in the standard documentation about Engagement Programs and Recipient Time Zones. One of our Demand Gen team has set up an engagement program that sends emails every 3 weeks on Wednesday at 10am in the recipient's time zone. The program was activated around 10am CT March 8 (with the first cast intended for tomorrow) so it's within the 25 hour window but Marketo allowed it and the earliest time zone being targeted is ET.

While the members have been added to the program and no email has yet been sent, the streams are all showing as exhausted (there's currently only one email in each stream) and the cadence is showing the next stream as March 30 - does Marketo do that preemptively because of the fact that some emails could send out really early if we were targeting the earliest time zones? Here's quick screenshot of what the streams look like at this time (4pm PT):

MichelleK_0-1646784401936.png

Spot checking various members within the program, I can see that they all show "Email Send" with tomorrow's date, so we're pretty sure that things will go out as intended, but we wanted to check for future considerations. 

Many thanks in advance!

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Engagement Program with Recipient Time Zone Showing Exhausted Content

does Marketo do that preemptively because of the fact that some emails could send out really early if we were targeting the earliest time zones?

Yes, I think that is the correct understanding - stream would have processed all the members (25 hours ahead of the first cast - 24 hrs + some time to get the campaign started). However the content will be sent to the people at 10 AM local time and technically the leads in the earliest time zone would have already started receiving the content if eligible. Since stream has processed all the members, you see the exhausted person count. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

does Marketo do that preemptively because of the fact that some emails could send out really early if we were targeting the earliest time zones?

Yes, I think that is the correct understanding - stream would have processed all the members (25 hours ahead of the first cast - 24 hrs + some time to get the campaign started). However the content will be sent to the people at 10 AM local time and technically the leads in the earliest time zone would have already started receiving the content if eligible. Since stream has processed all the members, you see the exhausted person count. 

michellechopin
Level 5

Many thanks @Darshil_Shah1! We assumed as much but wanted to get validation on this, and now we have learned.

I also spot checked the same members and now see that they all have "Email Delivered" at 10:00AM in their Activity Logs.

Many thanks for your help and quick reply 😀

Michelle

PS. This would be a great addition to the documentation on Engagement Programs and Recipient Time Zones!