SOLVED

Re: Engagement Program: First cast not sent to all members

Go to solution
Bianca_Du-Pless
Level 1

Engagement Program: First cast not sent to all members

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with some troubleshooting.

I've set the first cast of my engagement program to send today at a specific time (already past) but the cast members only show up at 40 when the program members is 3000+

Does anyone know if there is a cast limit of how many can be sent on one cast?

I've never heard of this but can't understand why it wouldn't send to all program members.

The members have already been filtered by the global exclusion list so it shouldn't be about unsubscribes or inaccurate email addresses.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bianca_Du-Pless
Level 1

@Michael_Florin thank you for brainstorming with me.

Your suggestions have helped me to find the solution.

We send operational emails mostly in combination with an exclusion list to exclude unsubscribed and marketing suspended people (not best practice but necessary for various instance set up reasons).

I did not realise that Nurture programs do not allow you to send out operational emails.

It makes sense, but yeah, isn't going to help us... Will have to find another solution for the future. 

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Hard to tell without looking at it in detail.

Have you added emails or programs to your Stream? If emails: Could it be a person-timezone thing? If program: Are your Engagement Program members already members of the program that houses the email?

I'd look at the Activity History of your potential email receivers and check if they have in fact been added to the stream and if you can see why they potentially skip the email send step. And how that differs from the Activity Histories of the persons who did receive the email. Anything else that could have prevented somebody from receiving that email? Marketing Suspended?

There is certainly not a limit on how many email a cast can send. That can be hundreds of thousands.

Bianca_Du-Pless
Level 1

Hi @Michael_Florin 

Thank you for your reply.

I only have emails in the nurture but all of the members are in the same time zone so that shouldn't be causing any issues.

After your suggestion to compare the activity logs, I've seen that those that aren't in the cast have 'skipped, person is blocked' in their activity log.

Do you have any idea why that would happen? They are not unsubscribed, they received other emails two weeks ago and their communication limits are not over. The only thing I can notice is that their behaviour score is 0... would that affect whether they can get content?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I don't know all criteria that cause a person to be blocked from the top of my head, but this might be good starting point:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Blocked-from-emails-every-single-person-in-my-list...

Behaviour Score is just a Custom Marketo Field that doesn't do anything by itself. Only if there was a process in your Marketo that e.g. sets everybody to "Marketing Suspended = TRUE" if Behaviour Score reaches a certain value. 

But look at the fields listed in the post above first. If any of them is TRUE your records would be blocked.

If that still doesn't solve your riddle, we should probably get into a quick meeting to take a look. You seem to be in my time zone. 🙂

Bianca_Du-Pless
Level 1

@Michael_Florin thank you for brainstorming with me.

Your suggestions have helped me to find the solution.

We send operational emails mostly in combination with an exclusion list to exclude unsubscribed and marketing suspended people (not best practice but necessary for various instance set up reasons).

I did not realise that Nurture programs do not allow you to send out operational emails.

It makes sense, but yeah, isn't going to help us... Will have to find another solution for the future. 

Thanks for your help!

BenjaminJacquet
Level 3

I haven't tested it but it may be that you could send Operational emails from Engagement Program if using nested Default Programs? Maybe something to try if your instance requires the emails to be Operational for whatever reason.