Engagement Program Cadence Ignored?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program Cadence Ignored?

I created an engagement program with a cadence of every Monday and Thursday at 8:30 AM in the recipient's time zone. It was set to repeat weekly every 1 week and the first cast was Monday, February 5.

The first email sent as normal on Monday but today (Wednesday) I had to deactivate the first email in the engagement program. Once I did that, my second email was automatically sent to everyone. If my cadence is Monday and Thursday at 8:30 AM, why would my second email have sent out today?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement Program Cadence Ignored?

Take a look at the Time Zone rules in the docs.

Your Email will start going out against the person's time zone, so it could be that it started to send at 830am Thursday their time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have myself included as a drip recipient and my timezone is EST so I don't think that's it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amanda,

The first cast can be on a different day than the others, depending on how you set up the cast. Check this possibility too.

-Greg

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

+1 on this. Be careful fiddling with the first cast date. I've even seen it cast twice if updating the first cast date to the current date if the stream has already casted that day.

Lauren