Engagement Program assets and campaigns questions

Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Engagement Program assets and campaigns questions

I did some work on this when it came out for a different Marketo user and I remember something being stated that a program being used in a stream should only have a single campaign in it.  However, I can't find this information now that I am returning to it for a different Marketo org.  Can anyone enlighten me please?

Also, the filter 'Member of Engagement Program' - is it necessary to add this filter to every campaign that is part of a program used in a stream?

Thirdly, if we are running different engagement programs for different geographies, but most of the content is the same, where is the best place to locate the programs (not emails) that are dropped on the streams?  I started by locating them as local assets of the engagement program, but when I clone it, it clones all the programs.  I don't want cloned programs if the content is the same, as otherwise Marketo will not regard it as unique content and may send it again.  Also my metrics measuring the success of the content won't work if it is cloned.

Would appreciate some clarification on these points.
Thanks
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Re: Engagement Program assets and campaigns questions

Following on the query about using the same content program from different engagement programs, what would the member of engagement program campaign filter refer to?  Can it say 'Member of Engagement Program (true) is any', so that the program with its campaign can be called from different EPs?
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you add a program to a stream, for the campaign to run, it must include the member of engagement program filter (with the engagement program it is referenced in selected).  You can add additional fliters here as well (just no triggers) but keep in mind that if a lead in the stream is filtered out, they will not receive content in that cast.

Regarding your 3rd question, I would create folder where you keep all these programs so that it is easy to reference them, and so you don't run into the issue of them all being cloned each time.
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

So, putting the two issues together, I could have a folder containing the nurture content programs and reference them from each engagement program as required.  In each content program I will need to have a campaign that has a 'member of engagement program' filter for the engagement program that is referencing it, so would I have multiple campaigns in the program, one for each engagement program that references it, or could I have one campaign with a bunch of 'member of' filters and use an OR condition?