Re: Engaged MQL, Historical Membership, & other Engagement questions

Samantha_McCol1
Level 3

Engaged MQL, Historical Membership, & other Engagement questions

Can't find this information anywhere and need to clearly articulate it to upper management so I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row.

1. Can the Engaged - MQL number that is provided in the Engagement Dashboard be trusted? Where is it pulling this from?

2. What are the definitions for Historical vs Current Membership?

3. Any other reports besides Engagement Performance that I can use to get some valuable data on how our nurtures are doing?

Thanks everyone!

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• Engagement Score is a 0-100 index based on opens and clicks, etc from ALL marketo Clients' email data. It can be trusted in the sense that it tells you if your content is performing better than X% of all other customers, such as engagement=74 would be pretty good. I don't particularly use it except as an indicator that my content may not be that great. Personally, I focus on CTR and Goal vs. Bad Exits.
  • Historical means members who ever entered this Program. I assume you are looking at the Membership Tab here. So as long as you don't kick out leads, it will show you the Total who ever Entered vs. current Members and other statuses.
  • other reports
    • Use lists to count goals and exists
    • use unsub rate
Samantha_McCol1
Level 3

Thanks Josh. What about the Engaged - MQL data that the dashboard provides? Where is it pulling this info from?