Re: Enabling Munchkin on Marketo Landing Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enabling Munchkin on Marketo Landing Pages

I have three links on a thank you page and I want to be able to track the link clicked in Sales Insight. I'm using the Clicks Link on Web Page trigger to build out my trigger campaign but I am not able to choose any of the three links within the drop down. If I try to add them in manually I get the red line that tells me there is an error.

Is there something I'm supposed to do on the back end to fix this problem? Is there something I need to do with the munchkin code or to my template?

Thanks,

Andrew

18 REPLIES 18
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It should be fine because it won't appear there until someone clicks the link and is tracked the first time. So maybe you can do that with a cookied test lead. You may also need to remove "http"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried doing it with a cookied test lead and still don't see anything on my end. Not sure if there's a lag time or not.

Dan_Stevens_

For us, it sometimes takes up to an hour for the link value to be captured/indexed by Marketo - and made available within the drop-down list of the trigger.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Can you share a link to your page, Andrew?  It's hard to say what might be happening without a live example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny - Here is the landing page. When you fill the form out it brings you to the thank you page that contains all 3 links - ICD-10 Education for Physicians and Nurses

When someone clicks on a link, I want to log that info into sales insight and maybe even notify the rep.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Your LP is loading Munchkin, but your TYP is not.  I presume this is because you're using GTM (which I do not advise) and did not enable Munchkin for the second URL.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Yes, the GTM isn't configured correctly to load munchkin.  Also, your first page seems to be a Marketo LP which is iframing in another Marketo LP which has a form on it.  This embedded LP is the one which is actually loading Munchkin, the parent page isn't since the GTM is failing to load Munchkin.  I would take Sanford's advice and have all of your pages load Munchkin the standard way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, guys. We had an outside developer create our landing pages, thank you pages, and forms this way to make our pages responsive pre-Marketo responsive landing pages. It's been working great for us but I didn't realize this was happening until today.

I'll take your advice and pass the message along. Thanks for your help.

Dan_Stevens_

We've been serving up the Munchkin code using GTM for a couple years now with no issues.