SOLVED

Re: Embedded Form _mktoReferrer value in Alert

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded Form _mktoReferrer value in Alert

We have the same form on multiple pages on our site (a general contact us). It would be helpful to alert somebody when the form was submitted, but also include what page it was filled out on. I can see that in the "filled out form" activity record - but can't figure out a way to get that in the notification...

Has anybody had this issue before?

I thought I could create a field on the lead record and make it hidden on the form itself, but I dont see an option for the referrer URL, only a referrer param.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

{{Trigger.Web Page}}

This is confusing because when you constrain the form fillout, you consult the Referrer.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman

{{Trigger.Web Page}}

This is confusing because when you constrain the form fillout, you consult the Referrer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!!

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

We are seeing this blank for some {{trigger.Web Page}} fillouts with embedded forms, does that mean we need to use the {{trigger.Referrer}} token too?

SanfordWhiteman

The {{Trigger.Referrer}} token isn't a substitute for {{Trigger.Web Page}} (though confusingly, the Referrer constraint is a useful substitute for the Web Page constraint).

I'd like to see the Activity Log detail for the pageview (Visited Web Page) that includes the form.

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in your first sentence.

Basically when someone fills out any form, we want the details in the interesting moment. So we use the token {{trigger.Web Page}} in the flow detail, but it's not always populating. Just sometimes.

SanfordWhiteman

I'd like to see the Activity Log Detail for those times.

What I'm saying above is you can't just switch to {{Referrer}}. That's different data.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Have you considered... It only populates in a trigger campaign, not a batch campaign.

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

I'm seeing mixed results in a trigger campaign, but that's totally a good thought!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Justin,

{{trigger.Web Page}} will give you the page that it was filled out on.  You can see which tokens are available for which triggers here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/DOCS/Tokens+for+Interesting+Moments