Emails delivered on "off" days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails delivered on "off" days

When people are triggered into a drip campaign, how can you set up the flow so that emails are not delivered on "off days" (ie. Weekends). I'd assume Marketo has the ability to restrict emails from being sent at poor marketing times.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails delivered on "off" days

Hey Ross! You can find this feature under the Schedule tab. When you set a campaign to run on recurring schedule it gives you the option to only run the program on weekdays. As I understand it, if a new person is triggered into the drip campaign on a Saturday they'll be held over until Monday's send.

(Side note, if you have a "wait X days" command in your flow that will still take effect. So if the schedule runs on Monday and there's a wait 1 day step in the flow you recipeints won't get the email until Tuesday. If you're not careful this will shift your emails to go out Tuesday-Saturday instead of Monday-Friday.)

I hope that helped.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, - I'm a bit confused on the above, - So if the campaign only runs Mon-Fri, how would it conduct sends on a Saturday?

What about if you wanted to wait 7 days (excluding weekends) ? - so send one goes out on Tuesday, with Send 2 going out 7 WORKING days later on the following Thursday. - is this possible at all?

it seems like you can wait 9 days with the wait only ENDING on Mon-fri, but this could potentially wait 11 days if the wait was due to end on a saturday

OR

you could wait 7 days with the smart campaign only to run on Mon-Fri, which seems like it should do what I want, but you're saying here that this may result in sends going out on saturdays?

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the wait step, you can set to "end on Monday" and the email could then be sent on a Monday.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PbUlAAK
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Ross, I'd also think through what you consider to be "poor marketing times", because we've found that some of our emails will have their best results on weekends! Obviously something that looks like it's handcrafted from a salesperson might not be best on the weekend, but otherwise emails can still do well on holidays or other days when people aren't really in the office. Just make sure that your emails also look great on mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ross, I agree with Dory that some of you best potential marketing times may very well be on the weekend

We are currently going through A+B testing for weekends and time testing!