Create upload photo album for customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create upload photo album for customers

Anyone know how I could create an customer upload photo album within a landing page?

The idea is for our customer to share their pictures of projects (landscaping,farming, etc) with our equipment, so we can link to our public website.

Help Please!!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Create upload photo album for customers

Could you have them upload images to a Flickr gallery and then use this website to embed the gallery on your landing page? Flickrit - a free slideshow maker that creates online photo slideshows for Flickr and Instagram

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Depending on the size (in KB) you expect for the final image, you can exploit the technique I described here.  Note you will have to have (or be) a skilled front-end developer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman,

We have a wonderful front-end developer that could do this.

With customers being able to upload images, could we get all the photos display as a photo gallery for everyone to see?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Building a photo gallery display would be a separate front-end and back-end task. 

On the front, your developer could use any number of slideshow libraries that are out there.  To load the images out of Marketo, since they are being uploaded to a protected area (i.e. they are fields on the lead, and obviously public web viewers can't read directly from your lead database) you'd want to use the SOAP or REST API from your web server to bring the data into the web page. Make sure to use as much caching on your side as possible because you only get 10,000 calls per day to the API.