SOLVED

Re: Emailing Unsubscribes to Get Opt-In?

Go to solution
Adele_Miller
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Emailing Unsubscribes to Get Opt-In?

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever ran a campaign to email opted out leads to try and get them to opt in again for specific campaigns? So a re-engagement campaign?

I know it is risky territory but if anyone has ever run one could you please let me know how you carried this out please?

Thanks
Adele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If they are unsubscribed, this is illegal in most jurisdictions. I'd consult with a lawyer.

In general, you should find another way to re-engage them with Ads or retargeting. Probably best not to waste time with people who don't want to see your email.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If they are unsubscribed, this is illegal in most jurisdictions. I'd consult with a lawyer.

In general, you should find another way to re-engage them with Ads or retargeting. Probably best not to waste time with people who don't want to see your email.

Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Hi Adele

Funny enough we've had this same discussion last week and my reply was pretty much the same as Josh's because of the legal minefield.

We have actually adopted an opt-in model so we have a lot of data which we cannot email but are in the process of producing an actual opt in campaign. I'd be interested on any tips to do this if anyone has them (I will also use the search facility later ).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Legal minefield is the right phrase to use here!

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI. Moved this to the Products and Support​ section of the site.

Adele_Miller
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Thanks guys for your input!

I totally agree it is a legal minefield, but they are all customers - does this change anything?

Thanks
Adele

John_Westley
Level 4

Adele, reading your comments I'm seeing you actually have two use cases to try and reengage unsubscribes.

CLIENTS

• Our clients sometimes unsubscribe because we don't have a preference center for our email so I have setup a report for our client services department of so that they can call them and let them know they will no longer receive info

NON-CLIENTS

• You can use Ad Bridge to upload that list to Facebook as a custom audience and try to tempt those people back and opting in with new content like a download, conference call or webinar

Definitely don't want to email them again though so you have to go cross channel.