Email To hyperlink issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email To hyperlink issue

Inserted email hyperlink but not receiving expected behavior (problem also ocurring for phone link). Have tested across browsers.

If you have questions, please email us at<a href="mailto:frudevcon@fruitionpartners.com"><span style="color: #009639;">&nbsp;fruDevCon@fruitionpartners.com</span></a>&nbsp;or call&nbsp;<a href="tel:303.996.6189" target="_blank"><span style="color: #009639;">303.996.6189</span></a>.</span></p>

Result:

http://go.fruitionpartners.com/f006D0w00k001W00QiTx000

I've searched for a solution to no avail.  Assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Lost our administrator and trying to get by until the consultant we just hired starts.  Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email To hyperlink issue

The HTML code is valid.

Without seeing the rest of your HTML code for your email, I am guessing you are missing a closing </a> tag for the "http://go.fruitionpartners.com/f006D0w00k001W00QiTx000" link that you might be referencing earlier in the email. 

Could you please post all the HTML of your email? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for looking at it.  I have one individual for whom it opens to an email client on iPhone and the Mac email client.  I'm starting to suspect the issue might be related to me (although strange since testing on three different devices)
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: 16px; color: #009639;"><strong><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva;"><span style="background-color: #ffffff;">fruDevCon14</span>: Register by June 7 and save $500!</span></strong></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; color: #888888;">After a successful first year, Fruition Partners is offering the ServiceNow community a second helping of fruDevCon. Not only did we add more labs and sessions this year, but we also enhanced the experience for all ServiceNow users by adding a special Process track.&nbsp;&nbsp;This one-of-a-kind curriculum focuses on the nuts and bolts of the ServiceNow platform to reveal DIY opportunities that can maximize your organization&rsquo;s ServiceNow ROI.</span></p>
<p><span style="color: #000000;"><br /></span></p>
<div><span style="color: #888888; font-family: verdana, geneva;"><strong>Save $500</strong>&nbsp;on&nbsp;fruDevCon14&nbsp;registration through&nbsp;<span class="aBn"><span class="aQJ">June 7</span></span>! Whether you&rsquo;re a ServiceNow developer, process owner, or executive, you can discover the full potential of the ServiceNow platform at an affordable price.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></div>
<div><span style="color: #009639; font-family: verdana, geneva;"><br /></span></div>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center"><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 22px;"><a href="http://www.frudevcon.com/" target="_blank">REGISTER NOW</a>&nbsp;</span></div>
<div align="center"><span style="color: #009639; font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 22px;"><br /></span></div>
<div><span style="color: #888888; font-family: verdana, geneva;">If&nbsp;you are&nbsp;unable to take advantage of this best-available discount, you can still save on&nbsp;fruDevCon14&nbsp;through&nbsp;<span class="aBn"><span class="aQJ">August 1</span></span>:</span></div>
<div align="center">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
<p><span><span style="color: #000000;">&nbsp;<br /></span></span></p>
<table style="border: 2px solid #888b8d;" border="2" align="center">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">SAVE &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</span></td>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">REGISTER BY... &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">$500</span></td>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">June 7, 2014</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">$300</span></td>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">July 1, 2014</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">$100</span></td>
<td><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 14px;">August 1, 2014</span></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><span><span style="color: #000000;">&nbsp;</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; color: #888888;">Check out the&nbsp;<a title="fruDevCon" href="http://www.frudevcon.com/" target="_blank"><span style="color: #009639;">fruDevCon information page</span></a>&nbsp;for more details on tracks, sessions, and value. If you have questions, please email us at<a href="mailto:frudevcon@fruitionpartners.com"><span style="color: #009639;">&nbsp;fruDevCon@fruitionpartners.com</span></a>&nbsp;or call&nbsp;<a href="tel:303.996.6189" target="_blank"><span style="color: #009639;">303.996.6189</span></a>.</span></p>
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure. There are no errors in the HTML code, and both links (email and telephone) work for me. I tested this in Chrome. 

Could you please send me a sample email through Marketo to "mmanzur@marketo.com"? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for your help.  It was working for certain individuals but not others. I did find that by highlighting the link and then clicking on the unlink button the link worked.  Not sure why that was the solution but it did it.  I'll post this in the community as well.