I was wondering if you could tell me something about the modules. I've learned how to create and implement them on my templates and they are working just fine. First I didn't know how to hide the modules but now I'm using the tag mktoAddByDefault="false" .
I've decided to add more modules to my template and hide most of them. When I did that, I realized some of the images are not loading on the modules preview but they work just fine when I drag and drop into the template. Example below.
There is nothing different on my HTML apart from more components and the tag to hide them. I have sent some tests and it displays well. Should I be worried or this is just a Marketo 'issue'?
This is usually a cache or loading time issue. Try refreshing your page again, within the editor, and/or clear your cache.
Ultimately what's happening is the page is finishing loading (because it's been cached) before it gets to the new images.
It should resolve over time, or a few refreshes.
There are a few scenarios where there are so many modules they can't load fast enough to beat the page load, but you'd have to have a pretty robust list of modules for that to be the case.
Hey thank you for your response. I tried to clear the cache and refresh the page but still persists. I went from 18 modules to 21 (15 with images) but the images that are not loading are at the bottom of the list. My previous version didn't have this 'issue'.
It is not a big thing but I was curious to know if other people had the same view. It does happen on both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I might as well leave as is and not mind about this as the template seems to be working fine.
Did you also reduce the number of default modules that may have sped up the page load time? Did you triple check the size of those images in the modules that aren't loading?
I'm wondering if a chrome inspection of load time will show which image loads the longest and could be a culprit....
Yes, I did reduce the amount of default modules. My previous template had 18 modules and as I didn't know about the Default tag, all of them were being displayed and you had to delete what you didn't want. Now the new template has 21 modules and only 7 of them are default 'yes'.
Images are exactly the same size but most of them hidden now. Maybe that's why
I've seen something like this as well when I've been paring down and renaming the modules in a template, I think it has something to do with that -- I can't remember a time I've encountered this on a "new" template. It might have something to do with changing the names or id's of the modules and editable areas that gives Marketo fits in the Module Preview pane.
If it doesn't go away in time, you might try taking all of the code in your template and creating a new template to paste it all into and then populating an email using the new template to see if there's any difference in the module panel.
Otherwise, I haven't run into any "real" issue with this in testing in the past so I've been comfortable to chalk it up to a "Marketo thing" when it does happen.