Email reporting

madelinecorah16
Level 1

Email reporting

Does anyone use Marketo reports for email metrics? I know I can pull basic email performance reports, however, I would love to be able to filter on the email name. I am trying to build out reports for specific email names, for example, "Email starts with: xyz". 
The goal is to have reports specific for field event emails, white paper promotions, webinars, etc. 

3 REPLIES 3
NicholasDigio
Level 1

Re: Email reporting

Hi Madeline,

I think your best course of action here is to go to the smart list tab of the report and drag in the filter " Was Sent Email" or "Was Delivered Email"  filters which allows you to filter on email name. I would then try to play around with some of the filter constraints to hone in on exactly you are looking for!Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 1.56.28 PM.png

Christiane_Rode
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

How are you organizing your emails within Marketing Activities? If everything of a particular type is stored within a folder, you can build specific reports based on the contents of those folders in the setup section, and save it for future use. This is a very basic/static setup, but it could get you started -- I would explore the setup tab in your performance report if you haven't already done so. 

I wouldn't use the Was Sent Email/Was Delivered Email as filters because this data will be purged after 90 days. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agreed with, @Christiane_Rode ! Apart from the retention policy (which is of course a great call out), there are other areas where the email performance report proves to be a little more intelligent in pulling insights than the plain smart list asset filters, e.g., it backfills the open data based for people with click / unsubscribe interactions (of course, this is just an example, clicks and opens are in most cases not a good metric to base your decisions on). There are other areas where email performance report has built in intelligence documented in the experience league. You’re in the right direction with using email performance report, explore the setup tab so you’re able to narrow down results to reqd. emails within a folder/program.