Streams without cadence but with transition rules issue

sylvialchiu
Level 1

Streams without cadence but with transition rules issue

Sorry for the long post - but I am running into an issue with Marketo sending out emails in the wrong order or skipping some entirely
We have 4 streams happening
1. Everyone entering the nurture starts at stream 1 to receive email 1
2. Everyone transitions to stream 2 - if they did not open email 1, then they receive email same email with different subject in 3 days. Otherwise, receive email 2 in a week. If they don’t open email 2, receive email 2 with different subject in 3 days. Same rules apply for email 3
3. If all 3 emails have been opened, they go to stream 3
4. If all 3 emails were opened and clicked on, they go to stream 4
5. Stream 3 and 4 consists of different emails up to 12 emails
I don’t have cadences set since the emails go out different amounts of days depending on what happens with the previous email. But triggers are in place to move members to the correct stream.
I am just not sure why emails are not sent in the correct order and why some emails are not being sent. I can provide more information if this seems confusing

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Streams without cadence but with transition rules issue

What do you mean by "I don't have cadences set up"? That doesn't make much sense in an Engagement Program, as a stream has to have a cadence.

And it seems to me you create confusions between transition rules - or Smart Campaigns that manage stream transitions - and wait steps that are different based on behavior. These wait steps would usually not be in Transition Smart Campaigns, but instead in the email sending Smart Campaign you add as content to your streams.

I recommend reading this: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/champion-program-blogs/engagement-program-hacks-for-variable-cadence-a...- and understanding the idea of pausing and un-pausing persons in your Engagement Program.