Email Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Program

In the December release there was something called Email program.  Does anyone know if this is specific to the version of Marketo that you have?  http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDeepDive?id=kA5500000008RZKCA2

I
 dont seem to have that program type available in my instance.  Is the email program just used to send emails?  Im confused whats different about sending it that way.

Thanks
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Program

This article has some more information.  It should be released tomorrow at some point.  On the surface the email program allows you to define who you want to email (smart list) what email you want to send (flow), when you want to send it (scheduling) and then it looks like it takes care of each of the basic progression steps for you (Opens, Clicks, Unsubs, etc...), so you don't have to create separate campaigns for each of the steps.  We'll have to wait until tomorrow to be able to play with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great.  Thanks Kenny.  That helps.  That will be wonderful if we dont have to have a separate campaign for each progression step.  Cant wait to find out more about it and play around with it a little bit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're also going to love the A/B testing capability in the new Email Program.  Simply define a test group size (a percentage of the overall audience you are sending to) using a snazzy slider control, the winning criteria, and the send dates (of the test and winner) and you're ready to go.

The winning criteria can be click rate, open rate, click to open rate, or a custom conversion.  The custom conversion based criteria is very cool because you can tell Marketo exactly what the winning criteria should be using a Smart List.  So winning criteria could be a form fill for example, or a certain score change, etc.  Could be anything you want given the constraints of what you can "listen" for using triggers in Marketo.  If it is a form fill, you could have the send date on a specific day, and the winner sent 4 days later (to give recipients ample time to respond and fill out the form).

You can test any of the following using the new A/B testing capability:

• Subject line (no need to create separate emails anymore - just list the different subject lines and Marketo does the rest)
  • Whole email
  • From address
  • Date/time

It's going to make it much easier and much faster to both send emails and conduct email tests. 

Best,
Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still don't see this option, do others have it avaiable? I'm trying to set up some A/B testing and would love to use the new tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The release doesnt occur until 6PM CT. Today.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

I cant find a way to report on this new program in the analytics section! It's not in the Programs and not in email performance.
Not sure if I'm missing something...? 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I finally have it in my instance.  Problem I'm having is with the email box, where it says Choose your email I can't select anything from the pull down.  I do like the new A/B Testing component as @mike described above.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle, 

You have to add an email to that program and "approve" it before it becomes available in the pull-down. I cloned an email from another program to this email program and then right-clicked and selected "approve." 

Hope that helps
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Serenity.  I did eventually figure it out.