SOLVED

Re: Email Performance Report in Analytics

Go to solution
chriskowalczyk9
Level 2

Email Performance Report in Analytics

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a simple Email Performance Report in Analytics. I want to say:

- all emails I have selected from a certain time period (adjusted in the settings)

- then remove all irrelevant emails that contain: Reminder, Thank You, Thanks, Alert

But whenever I run the report with that criteria in the Smart List, it is still pulling in the above mentioned emails, like reminder emails, etc.

http://snpy.in/QkdVsn 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucasMachado
Level 2

Hello,

The smart list filters people that will be included in the report. In your smart list you are filtering to "report anyone who was sent an email that doesn't contain 'Thank you', 'Reminder', 'Thanks' and 'Alert'".

To filter the Emails you should go to the setup tab and uncheck manually those e-mails.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Vidhi_Kare
Level 3

Hi,

I have noticed that in Marketo in reports if we are using criteria in Smart List, then it is not working. This happened with me as well when I tried to define some criteria in Smart List section of Email Performance Report.

May be try selecting only relevant emails in the section.

Kind Regards,

Vidhi

LucasMachado
Level 2

Hello,

The smart list filters people that will be included in the report. In your smart list you are filtering to "report anyone who was sent an email that doesn't contain 'Thank you', 'Reminder', 'Thanks' and 'Alert'".

To filter the Emails you should go to the setup tab and uncheck manually those e-mails.

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hi Chris - The previous replies are spot on. Using the smart list to filter out emails will modify the person data that's included, not the actual emails. If you have Revenue Explorer you can create these types of "include" and "exclude" rules for email asset reports instead of selecting them manually in the Analytics report.

chriskowalczyk9
Level 2

Thanks everyone. I had a bad feeling I would have to literally manually tag each email, which is absolutely not ideal. 

@Carrie_Chandle1 Ya, that is essentially what I'm trying to make up for. I have always used RE in the past, but we don't have it here with my new company 😞 so I'm trying to figure out the best potential alternative. I think I'll just export all the emails and filter them out through Excel, unless you might have a better option? 

Thanks again,

Chris

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I find that it helps to have a naming convention to filter out operational emails. We use EM for marketing emails and AR for autoresponders. So a webinar invite would be "EM 01 Invite #1" but the confirmation email would be "AR Confirmation". 

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
chriskowalczyk9
Level 2

Thanks @Amy_Goldfine, yes that's another top priority for me too!

Cheers!