Marketo + Wistia. Are turnstiles really necessary?

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

Marketo + Wistia. Are turnstiles really necessary?

Hey Marketo Nation,

We recently started to integrate Marketo and Wistia together and have had a bit of an issue getting the video data to be shown in activity logs.  Their setup documentation says turnstiles are not necessary, but in talking with support, they're saying they are.

Are you Wista-having users really putting a turnstile gate in front of customer-facing videos in order to get video play activity? We're expected to create a barrier when someone plays a free video? That feels a bit crazy to me...I dont think I've ever encountered a turnstile in my life engaging in video on the web. If I did, I'd probably abandon it bc it's nonsense.

I was hopeful that someone who is cookied and activity was bring tracked, that video plays would just appear if they were on a munchkin-applied page but that does not appear to be the case.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Marketo + Wistia. Are turnstiles really necessary?

I was hopeful that someone who is cookied and activity was bring tracked, that video plays would just appear if they were on a munchkin-applied page but that does not appear to be the case.

Yes, that is exactly how this works. Wistia video watches appear as Visit Web Page events in a person's activity and you can trigger or  batch off of that. Just embed the Wistia embed code on your Marketo page and you'll be fine.