SOLVED

Re: Email Performance by Prospect Grouping

Go to solution
jordankindler
Level 1

Email Performance by Prospect Grouping

Hi, there–

New to Marketo so bear with me: I'm hoping to pull a report that shows me open rates for emails that are a part of an engagement program broken up by a certain field value. Is this possible?

We have a custom formula in Salesforce that assigns prospects to 1 of about 7 buckets; I'd like to see open/click/unsubscribe rates in aggregate for each group. Is that possible? An analogous situation might be looking at these metrics by US region (south, east, west, etc.) 

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi,

You're on the right track with with an Email Performance Report. But you won't be grouping on a field value directly. You want to create a Segmentation with Segments for each of the buckets (this sounds important enough to to warrant using 1 of your 20 max Segmentations). Then on the Setup tab for the EPR, Group By that Seg'tion.

Note, though, that Formula fields aren't synced over unless something else on the lead changes. Keep that in mind.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Hi,

You're on the right track with with an Email Performance Report. But you won't be grouping on a field value directly. You want to create a Segmentation with Segments for each of the buckets (this sounds important enough to to warrant using 1 of your 20 max Segmentations). Then on the Setup tab for the EPR, Group By that Seg'tion.

Note, though, that Formula fields aren't synced over unless something else on the lead changes. Keep that in mind.

jordankindler
Level 1

Wow, thank you so much for this...regarding formula fields not syncing: is there a way to push them over manually?

jordankindler
Level 1

Might an adequate solution be to create a dummy checkbox field in Salesforce and change all prospects from unchecked to check so as to force the update?

SanfordWhiteman

A DateTime field is better for this as it can be continually updated.