SOLVED

Re: Email not delivered

Go to solution
Maci91
Level 2

Email not delivered

Hello,

I have a list of team members which I use for sending every email, as a part of our team process. Last 2 times when I was sending emails just one person from that list received email, the rest 6 of them didn't, and when I try to pull out the list it shows them as was not delivered email to. Does this has to do with the fact that they have the same domain? I believe that shouldn't be the issue since it's small number of people, is there a way to see the reason to why they aren't receiving those emails, because they did receive emails before that last 2? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In addition to @Balkar_Singh and @SanfordWhiteman suggestions, also check the simple things like communication limits. So your sequence should be:

1. Was the email sent in the first place (activity log)?
  2. If not sent, are there any fields explaining a block like blocklisted, email invalid, marketing suspended, unsubscribed (lead info tab)? Or were they sent other emails on the same day and would the communication limit have kicked in (admin)?
  3. If the email was sent, is there a bounce recorded and if so, what were the details of that bounce (activity log)?

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

I'd recommend to start by looking at Email Invalid Cause. (Reference)

Maci91
Level 2

But these are not email invalid, they received emails before the last 2, and if I run the smart list with the filter "email invalid" as false they appear in the list.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Start with the Activity Log (always!). Trace the activities that correspond to the expected send, and click the ActLog ID to view the details of each activity. Namely, of course, bounces.
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In addition to @Balkar_Singh and @SanfordWhiteman suggestions, also check the simple things like communication limits. So your sequence should be:

1. Was the email sent in the first place (activity log)?
  2. If not sent, are there any fields explaining a block like blocklisted, email invalid, marketing suspended, unsubscribed (lead info tab)? Or were they sent other emails on the same day and would the communication limit have kicked in (admin)?
  3. If the email was sent, is there a bounce recorded and if so, what were the details of that bounce (activity log)?

Hope this helps.