Re: Email Marketing Dashboards

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Email Marketing Dashboards

Hey marketo community,

Does anyone have any solutions or tools that help with building email marketing dashboards? I've heard of dasheroo, but learned that it doesn't

integrate with marketo.  All recommendations are welcome and appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What's your goal? What are you trying to track and why?

Most people use spreadsheets with the data from Marketo and Email Insights.

ChristinaZuniga

If you have the money, you could get DOMO.

There are 'dashboards' in RCE, but with a limited # of reports in them.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Christina,

Can you share some feedback on the domo product? any Marketo connector provided? Type of reports you can produce?

-Greg

ChristinaZuniga

Sure! I'm in the middle of my implementation and I have to say that DOMO (and their implementation partner Big Squid) are awesome. You have cards (reports) that live on pages/sub-pages (dashboards). It can connect to almost any database, spreadsheet, system and merge data from disparate systems. The only one that I found that it's missing is Terminus, and they're working on that API now.

You can pull any field from most of the systems, although some have limitations (I'm looking at you, Twitter!). I can pull tons of data from Marketo, connect it to Salesforce or my ERP or any other system using blends or ETL and produce really nice reports. They have an example page with every type of report available, so the image below isn't real data.

I was using RCE but it was a pain and didn't look pretty. Plus everything was stuck inside Marketo and sales management didn't want to leave Salesforce to go into another system for data and Salesforce couldn't build the type of attribution pages we wanted sales to see.

You can also set up alerts so that if numbers go out of range you're emailed. Two live examples I've set up and one I'm working on:

- If I have 1 or more Facebook detractors email my social media coordinator

- If the # of AQLs per week is under average, email marketing leadership

- If my win rate goes under XX% email sales leadership

pastedImage_0.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx Christina

I have a question here: how easy is it to recreate revenue cycle analytics (i.e. detailed stats on leads in each stage, number of ins and outs in a period of time, conversion ratio, average durations, etc...)

-Greg

ChristinaZuniga

It's not easy to recreate some of those Marketo reports. For example, the number of ins and outs in a period of time was too complex for me to set up and had to be completed by my consultants during implementation. Average duration can be done using date fields created in Marketo (but was easy for me since I set that up in my instance on day 1. For others who may not have saved that data, it would be lost).

Anonymous
Not applicable

We use periscope, and periscope syncs with Marketo data which we push to redshift using FiveTran. So far I have been loving it because previously we had problem having Marketo data and Salesforce data all at once. But FiveTran can do that, it was a game changer for us. If you have someone on your team who can write sql, then I'd definitely recommend using periscope as it is so much easier to use as compare to tableau. You can also use excel, but it is fairly manual.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

There isn't really an API endpoint that exports email statistics like open rates and click rates, so you won't find an external provider with a simple to use integration.

However, if you're interested in other aspects of your Marketo instance, like counting leads, program success etc.. then you will find a few that will work. I like Klipfolio - it has a sharp learning curve but it's nice. You can get to the point of having a TV on the office wall that live updates (ie., a sales kpi dashboard).

RCE is a really great tool too if you want to keep things internal..