Re: Email limit reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email limit reporting

I have a couple of questions in regards to the email limits and was hoping the communitiy could give me some insight... 
  1. Are you able to see who has reached their max email limit and will no longer recieve any emails?
  2. Are you able to see how many days they have until they will be able to recieve the next email?
  3. Are you able to see at a campaign level who was blocked from the mailing because they had reached their communication limit?
Any feedback would be great! I'm trying to see how many of our leads are being blocked from emails being sent out. 

Thanks!
Brooke
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Generally the answer is No to all of those.

There's probably an Idea for that, so vote it up!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brooke,

There are reports we can build for each of the pieces you are looking for. Below is a description of each report and which question it would fulfill.

1&3 If you are looking at a record and wondering if they hit communication limits, I suggest just viewing their activity log. Then filter down to Email Send activity types and look for lines with Detail of "Skipped Lead already used up Daily/Weekly communication limit". Similarly you can filter and search through the results of a smart campaign as
well.
0EM50000000Sxc2.jpg

1&3 If you are looking to capture these records on a smart list, I would recommend using the following filter logic. The below assumes a limit of 3 per day and 7 per week.
0EM50000000Sxc7.jpg

2 To start this report we need to create 7 smart lists each looking for all records that have recieved the weekly email limit (10 for my example).
  • Smart list 1 looks at records sent 10 emails over the past 7 days
  • Smart list 2 looks at records sent 10 emails over the past 6 days
  • Smart list 2 looks at records sent 10 emails over the past 5 days
  • etc.
After smart lists are created add each one to a report as a custom column and group by email address. Records that live on Smart List 1 will recieve emails the following day, while records on Smart List 2 will recieve emails in 2 days and so on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Thank you Max! I'll have to play around with that.