Re: email content duplication issue

SaraUsman
Level 2

email content duplication issue

When I send an email using an Email Template from Marketo, the content is duplicated. Why is that so?
For example:

-header

-body
-footer

-header
-body
-footer

Its showing the content 2 x times. 

How can I fix this?
Regards,
Sara
17 REPLIES 17
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Is this content also duplicated in your editor? Email Editor 2.0 behaves very weird for me, crashes often and sometimes doesn't save stuff, so I'd be not surprised if somebody had accidentally added content elements twice.

SaraUsman
Level 2

No, in my editor it appears fine. but when i send the template as sample email, it duplicates the content

Disha_Goyal6
Level 3

Hi @SaraUsman,

Please check the same by creating new email. Sometimes, email editor create this type of issues in email. 

Thanks,

Disha

SaraUsman
Level 2

@Disha_Goyal6 
In email editor it seems fine. But when I email it, then it shows duplicate content. Any idea whats wrong here?

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Hi @SaraUsman,

Might be there will be an issue in the template as it's creating duplicate of the modules in the email.

Please try once with any another template.

Also, can you let me know when duplicate occurs when you're adding a new module or after editing the module or just creating email and send sample?

SaraUsman
Level 2

@Jasbir_Kaur 

This is happening when I create a new email template and send sample

SaraUsman
Level 2

Hi Disha,

I have tested it with multiple email templates. It is sending duplicate content.

Disha_Goyal6
Level 3

Hi @SaraUsman,

Firstly, check you HTML of email by using w3schools validator. If there will be issues, please fix that. Otherwise, you have to add ticket to the MArketo support.

Thanks,

Disha

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

This sometimes happens when we keep on cloning the same asset multiple times. If this is something you followed to create the new email then I would suggest you try creating a new email using the same template but from scratch and in a different browser or maybe in incognito. 

If this will not work then there can be an issue with the template and to confirm try creating the same email using a different template.