SOLVED

Re: Email Campaign Stuck in "Send Email"

Go to solution
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Email Campaign Stuck in "Send Email"

Here's something I've never encountered before: I sent an email (via Email Program) nearly 20 minutes ago, and all campaign members (~1500) are stuck in the "Send Email" state. I've sent to larger lists than this with no problems before, so I'm wondering when I should start to worry that the campaign isn't processing correctly. Does it happen regularly for anyone else?

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 2.14.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 2.14.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 2.16.32 PM.png

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Wanted to update everyone on this issue. After contacting support, the solution was to not use a Smart List with as many filters as I had going on. Instead, it was recommended that I create Smart Campaigns that add people fitting the criteria I needed to a Static List. Although I've rarely encountered this problem, it could be avoided by using Smart Lists sparingly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't be worried at this point after only 20 minutes. Sometimes if there's other stuff going on in the instance, the activity logging gets deprioritized in the queue, but it will show up.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that's what it looks like. Check your Campaign Queue as well.

I've heard of plenty of instances of email sends taking 1-2 hours for various reasons.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Thanks, Josh! It did send over an hour later, though not without quite a bit of hard bounces that I'm not sure could be related - some of them are quite bizarre. I submitted a support ticket and am working with them now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Josh -

You mentioned that you have heard of plenty of instances of email sends taking 1-2 hours. Have you heard this happening with SMART campaigns in addition to email programs? Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, I sent a campaign yesterday at 12:40, the campaign says finished, but there are no results, no indication that the email sent, OOO email responses, the list was 450K, it is still in this state this morning. 18 hours later.

Do you think the static list would be a better way to go? our emails are taking more and more time to sent. This is by far the longest, Support is on it, but I am curious to what you think it may be.

You appear to be very knowledgeable and prolific, please help.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Wanted to update everyone on this issue. After contacting support, the solution was to not use a Smart List with as many filters as I had going on. Instead, it was recommended that I create Smart Campaigns that add people fitting the criteria I needed to a Static List. Although I've rarely encountered this problem, it could be avoided by using Smart Lists sparingly.