Re: Email blast to entire DB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email blast to entire DB

I sent an email to our entire database of 36k people.  When I look at the stats, it says only 19k were delivered.  Any idea what happened?  This was my first email blast.

FYI - I used a smart list with an "email address is not empty" filter.  When I view "campaign members", it shows the 36k. 

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Did you check to see how many would not be delivered before you launched it?
They could have blocked because a number of reasons, bounced, soft bounced, black listed, unsubscribed, email invailed etc.

run a smart list on the leads with a filter of NOT email delivered, and look at the activity history on some of the leads. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

For your next send, you may also want to exclude from your send list the leads with email invalid, email suspended, marketing suspended and unsubscribed = true.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Create a smart list of those that bounced from that email, and look at the invalid or email suspended cause.  Also check to see if any of the emails are still pending delivery. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you on a shared IP or personal IP?

Often you need to "warm up" a new system like Marketo because you're switching IPs and the rest of the world doesn't quite know who you are, so it's possible to get hit by spam filters.

Make sure DKIM/SPF have been setup before you try to send out another email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much!  This is all extremely helpful.