Re: Email Automatic translation

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Email Automatic translation

Today, if you receive an email in a language different than your settings in Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail you get an auto translation bar. This is great because the Machine Learning translations models (DeepL, Systran, Google, etc) are far much better that just few months ago and allows people to access quality acceptable content in any language without the painful process of translation.

Mailchimp has the option to bring the link automatically into the content throught a "Token"

"The *|TRANSLATE:XX|* merge tag generates Google Translate links in your campaign for each supported language, so subscribers can click to view your sent campaign in their preferred language."

Is this possible or will be possible in Marketo?

for example

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=es&u={{system.viewAsWebpageLink}}

Perhaps you could replace the target language with a recore preferred language token .....

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This isn't currently possible in Marketo OOTB, but there's already an idea along the similar lines on the ideas board if you'd like to upvote. Feel free to create a new idea if your requirement varies greatly with the linked idea/add your comment to the existing idea if you have some additions to it (maybe explain your use-case).

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I was thinking something like...

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=es&u={{system.viewAsWebpageLink}}

Perhaps you could replace the target language with a record preferred language token ..... And works but you need to untrack the link

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Interesting, this won't work for a tracked link though.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The problem is that token is not properly escaped (URL-encoded) to be included in another URL.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

This is exactly what I am talking about.

The thing is the URL is not external the laguages are in just an UTM, I really need Marketo to do that!

DE_preview&track_click=1&utm_campaign=20230317_nl_Weekend_Sale_EN&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=EN&r=true

View in browser: EN  DE  FR  PL

Diego_Lineros2_1-1679132334410.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not really following what you can't do. Leave aside tracking — assume we can turn that off.

You want to URL-encode a full URL so it can be passed to Google Translate? Velocity’s $esc.url is designed for that.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Well, it is not really resolved @Jon_Chen , because how can I pass the {{system.viewAsWebpageLink}} to the velocity to encode the full URL??

Diego_Lineros2_0-1681294551449.png