Email Alert Link to SalesForce Profile

Meghan_Fisher
Level 2

Email Alert Link to SalesForce Profile

Has anyone been able to find a way around using the SFDC Send Alert Info Token restriction that the lead must be in BOTH Marketo and Salesforce? The issue is that people filling out our forms and coming in are NEW leads and have not been added to Salesforce before the email. Any help on this would be great.

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Email Alert Link to SalesForce Profile

Hi Meghan,

You can ad a choice in the send alert:

send alert - choices

• is SFDC Type [Person] is empty
    • send to [any email address you wish]
    • send to {{lead.SFDC Send Alert Info Token}}

-Greg

Meghan_Fisher
Level 2

Thanks Greg, but we are looking for a way to click through to Salesforce in an email when the lead is not yet in both salesforce and marketo...Hubspot had that capability.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the lead is not yet in Salesforce, it has no Salesforce ID, so there is no way to go exactly to that lead's record (you could assemble a search string with lead tokens if you wanted, but it wouldn't take you directly to the lead record). If you're not calling them within minutes of the form fill, you could add a wait step in the trigger campaign to wait for the SFDC sync to happen before sending the alert.

If you still have one of those Hubspot emails, I'm interested to see how they did it.    

Meghan_Fisher
Level 2

Thanks for the idea Jason! We added a five minute wait step but it hasn't worked yet. Any idea how long it typically takes to push to Salesforce? We can't wait much longer than 5 minutes so hopefully it doesn't take 15-20 minutes.

Also, from what I know with Hubspot, they added a much deeper integration in the last year that allows certain functionalities like quicker push to Saleforce time before alerting the lead.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I wouldn't use a wait step. Wait steps are guesswork (and create race conditions) when there's an actual event you can trigger on; instead, trigger on Change Data Value for SFDC Type or another SFDC-filled field. That way you'll get the alert as soon as possible after the sync.

Also, from what I know with Hubspot, they added a much deeper integration in the last year that allows certain functionalities like quicker push to Saleforce time before alerting the lead.

I don't know what you mean here, but like the others said, there's no way of having SFDC info before the lead is actually committed to SFDC. You could create a placeholder link to a Marketo LP that then redirects to SFDC -- I think this is what Jason is driving at -- but that's still banking on the salesperson not receiving the email + opening the email + clicking on the link before the lead is synced.  That might buy you 20 seconds or so but with an aggressive sales team it's not going to make the problem go away.

Meghan_Fisher
Level 2

Thank you Sanford! I had taken out the wait step after typing it this morning but it seems that adding "Sync Person to SFDC" before the alert works! Turns out it is a really simple work around. We'll see how it continues to work as we go and update on here for anyone experiencing these issues.

SanfordWhiteman

The only concern is the API call utilization with the one-at-a-time method.

Meghan_Fisher
Level 2

Can you please expand on that a little? I just started looking into the Salesforce API's lol so I am still new to that set up

SanfordWhiteman

Each forced sync like that (outside the bulk sync) uses at least one API call, as opposed to grouping them. So in quantity it could be problematic. Used a few hundred times a day it'll be okay (though you should ask yourself how you're really preventing it from being used 1000s of times a day).

I come from a world of risk analysis so always want to keep these concerns out in the open.