SOLVED

Re: Email activity by User reporting

Go to solution
brendadavis
Level 1

Email activity by User reporting

Hi all,

I am looking to pull email activity and user based reports in Marketo and I can't seem to find the way to do it.  Specifically I am looking for:

-A report that shows when a specific contact opened a specific email

-A report that shows when a contact's email address bounces (soft or hard)

I know that I can use smart lists to pull this information but what I am looking for is a comprehensive report that shows something like this:

First Name, Last Name, Date stamp opened, date stamp bounced.

Can I do this in Marketo? Or would this require a reporting integration of some kind?

Thanks,

Brenda

Brenda Davis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If you have RCE - you can build the exact report using the Email Analyses report effortlessly, it has all the email activities' date and time attributes including the lead attributes that you can pull in to the report.

Something of this sort may not be possible with the OOTB Marketo's email performance report as it operates at the email level and not at the person level. There's get lead activities API endpoint that lets you query the activity data based on the activity type id (you would wanna use the Open and Bounce activity type ids while querying for activities), the response of this request includes the lead id of the person and activity related attributes including the activity datetime.

Lastly, you can also fetch the date-time of the email activities along with the person detail from the results tab of the campaign(s) that send the email(s) - you may need to export the data to excel and filter the activities/rows of your interests. Also, worth mentioning that if a single email is being used by lot of campaigns and/or you have lot of emails to report onto, then getting data from the results tab of the campaigns can easily become a tedious task.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If you have RCE - you can build the exact report using the Email Analyses report effortlessly, it has all the email activities' date and time attributes including the lead attributes that you can pull in to the report.

Something of this sort may not be possible with the OOTB Marketo's email performance report as it operates at the email level and not at the person level. There's get lead activities API endpoint that lets you query the activity data based on the activity type id (you would wanna use the Open and Bounce activity type ids while querying for activities), the response of this request includes the lead id of the person and activity related attributes including the activity datetime.

Lastly, you can also fetch the date-time of the email activities along with the person detail from the results tab of the campaign(s) that send the email(s) - you may need to export the data to excel and filter the activities/rows of your interests. Also, worth mentioning that if a single email is being used by lot of campaigns and/or you have lot of emails to report onto, then getting data from the results tab of the campaigns can easily become a tedious task.

brendadavis
Level 1

Wonderful! Thank you so much. This is very helpful!

Brenda Davis