SOLVED

Re: Effect of Deactivating SFDC Campaigns on Mkto Programs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Effect of Deactivating SFDC Campaigns on Mkto Programs

After speaking with our SFDC Admin, I realized that I need to deactivate SFDC Campaigns for more effective reporting. Does anyone know how this affects the sync with Mkto?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the SFDC Campaign is not Active, it won't sync back to Marketo in the drop down. I believe this also blocks Marketo from adding new Members or adjusting Statuses. Test it to be sure though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're deactivating campaigns that are truly no longer active, I don't think it should have much impact. But if you're deactivating campaigns that are still actively syncing leads to SFDC, that would probably create some issues.

If they're still syncing over leads though, they are actually still active. I would definitely keep them that way in SFDC.

That's a good question though--anybody else?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the SFDC Campaign is not Active, it won't sync back to Marketo in the drop down. I believe this also blocks Marketo from adding new Members or adjusting Statuses. Test it to be sure though.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

When you create a new program/campaign in Marketo and sync to a campaign in SFDC, you won't see the campaign anymore.  I usually make sure that if a campaign is deactivated in SFDC that it's also no longer active in the synced Marketo program/campaign. 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

When you create a new program/campaign in Marketo and sync to a campaign in SFDC, you won't see the campaign anymore.  I usually make sure that if a campaign is deactivated in SFDC that it's also no longer active in the synced Marketo program/campaign.