SOLVED

Effect of Adding new segments on existing Emails

Go to solution
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Effect of Adding new segments on existing Emails

I couldn't find the exact answer here. I can add/edit a Segmentation and I know that the database will shift a bit.

But if I have an existing Segmentation and Email that listens for:

• Country A
  • Country Y
  • Default (all other)

and change it to

• Country A
  • Country Y
  • Country=NULL
  • Default (all other)

Will all leads with NULL receive a default version of the email until I do something about it, or will they get a blank?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: Effect of Adding new segments on existing Emails

When you add a new segment, I've noticed that the preview of an email gives the option to view the brand new segment - despite not having kicked the email back to draft or a new approval.

In my test, the new segment was pre-filled with the same data from the default segment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

When you add a new segment, I've noticed that the preview of an email gives the option to view the brand new segment - despite not having kicked the email back to draft or a new approval.

In my test, the new segment was pre-filled with the same data from the default segment.

Josh_Hill13

Thanks guys, I will test it and try to report back. And by test, I mean do it and assume it works

Josh_Hill13

I had a case from Support and they confirmed that the new Segment will receive the Default content until the asset is updated.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

I concur with Nicholas, the new segment will receive Default, AFAIR (R for remember )

-Greg