SOLVED

Need to capture maximum for Lead Score

Go to solution
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Need to capture maximum for Lead Score

I'm working to do some analysis regarding lead score movement and need to track what a lead's max lead score all time is. I can't go with just {{lead.Lead Score}} since I also have programs that depreciate the lead score. Therefore, I've created a new Score field that exists only to capture the highest score a lead reaches.

The problem I'm facing is with watching for positive movement in the lead score. Ideally, the logic would be something like

pastedImage_0.png

but as you can see, tokens are not an option for the New Value constraint. Similarly, if I try to use the Score is Changed trigger, the constraint is limited to IS and IS NOT, which means while it is entirely possible, it is not ideal since I'll have to create a new trigger for every possible score change.

Now, I know there is the option of setting the smart list to only Data Value Changes attribute: Lead Score with no constraints, and then in the flow say

pastedImage_3.png

but I'm trying to avoid going down that path since it's not operationally efficient. Is that my only option though?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Need to capture maximum for Lead Score

Hi Andy,

The only possibility here would be a webhook. YOu would push the lead score and the max lead score, and it will return the highest of the 2. Hoosh has a new webhook accessible web service that can compute the max between 2 numbers, that you could store in the max field.

See Fab Capodicasa​.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andy,

The only possibility here would be a webhook. YOu would push the lead score and the max lead score, and it will return the highest of the 2. Hoosh has a new webhook accessible web service that can compute the max between 2 numbers, that you could store in the max field.

See Fab Capodicasa​.

-Greg

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Thanks Greg.

I'm guessing you're referring to Excel Formulas for Marketo – Marketo LaunchPoint

Wouldn't a webhook put an equal amount of strain on the system since it would call the webhook at every single lead score change?

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Thinking about this some more, couldn't I also get away with using a smart list of:

pastedImage_0.png

Urgency is basically a measure of the positive movement of the lead score right?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The webhook shouldn't cause additional strain unless your system already has a strain.

But this is far better done in SFDC, than in Marketo. Or with a BI tool.

You cannot use tokens in Triggers or to do comparisons. I think Greg has an Idea on that somewhere.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

Ideas are here :

-Greg