SOLVED

Re: Edge 88 (and soon chrome?) blocking forms2.min.js (MktoForms2) if privacy set to strict and is activated.

Go to solution
Lukas_Meier
Level 2

Edge 88 (and soon chrome?) blocking forms2.min.js (MktoForms2) if privacy set to strict and is activated.

I heard this feature will arrive as well in chrome (though not sure)

if you do the following in EDGE 88 (chromium) 

Lukas_Meier_2-1611957787932.png

Lukas_Meier_1-1611957726107.png

then reload a page with forms2.min.js I get a 

Lukas_Meier_3-1611957885618.png

and this results in a 

Uncaught ReferenceError: MktoForms2 is not defined
at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous>

question:

can I just host forms2.min.js on my own server (was reading here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/PLEASE-HELP-Ad-blocking-Software-is-Preventing-our... ) ? I saw you are regularly updating the file (last update 2 weeks ago)

will things break if I don't keep updating the file with your releases?

an alternative would be to proxy pass the file via nginx config?!

any other solutions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Edge 88 (and soon chrome?) blocking forms2.min.js (MktoForms2) if privacy set to strict and is activated.

You should be loading all form embeds from your LP Domain (not app-*.marketo.com). Are you doing that?

No need to re-host anything.

Also, this isn't new โ€” Firefox Tracking Protection has had the same effect for a long time.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

Under Admin ยป Landing Pages. When the LP domain is protected with SSL, that's always what you should use for embedded forms (doesn't matter if you don't have Marketo LPs).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

You should be loading all form embeds from your LP Domain (not app-*.marketo.com). Are you doing that?

No need to re-host anything.

Also, this isn't new โ€” Firefox Tracking Protection has had the same effect for a long time.

Lukas_Meier
Level 2

yes we loading from  app-*.marketo.com

I'm pretty sure that wasn't our idea, but the snippet was received this way.

not sure what is our LP domain... all our landing pages are on our own server, main domain - whatever, lets say microsoft.com

SanfordWhiteman

Under Admin ยป Landing Pages. When the LP domain is protected with SSL, that's always what you should use for embedded forms (doesn't matter if you don't have Marketo LPs).
Lukas_Meier
Level 2

thanks, highly appreciated

I noticed as well we had an according snippet doing this

MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-0X.marketo.com", "95X-XXX-XXX", form_id);

replaced it as well, both seem, somehow to load the same file.

so I replaced the //app-0X.... with

//mysub.mylpdomain.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js to load the file

and

MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-0X.marketo.com", "95X-XXX-XXX", form_id);

with

MktoForms2.loadForm("//mysub.mylpdomain.com", "95X-XXX-XXX", form_id);

Ran a bunch of tests, works fine

SanfordWhiteman

Yep, that's how  it's done!