Re: Dynamically populate State when Country is chosen Not just US and Canada

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically populate State when Country is chosen Not just US and Canada

Hello,

I am tryiing to get my forms 2.0 to work where a lead can select from 248 countries and the State Field dynamically/auto populates with the corresponding States within that country.

I got this to work using  Visibility Rules with a few Countries but when you start adding multiple IF statements the system begins to puke.  It works great if you just want to utilize 3-5 countries...it's like the system cannot handle all the data.

I have seen the "Dynamically populate US, Canada, and Australia article" which is essentially what I want to do, but with 248 IF Statements.  Please do not link that article as it will not help.

Does anyone know how to do this with scripting, because once I added about 30 IF statements into the Visibility Rules, I can no longer even open up the visibility rules to add more.  I have a ticket in for this but am looking for alternative methods if anyone has.

Thanks
"Frustrated Marketo User"
Jon
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, Marketo slows down after about 5 choice steps, so never try to use more than 15 or 20 of these, and certainly not 30.

Why do you need to do this for all 248 countries/geographies? Most firms never do this for more than the top 10 large countries which have Provinces/States:

US
Canada
Brazil
China
Australia
India
Russia

If you really need to do this, then you'll have to build a custom form and javascript.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jon, sounds like it's time to get your Java developer involved. Like Josh said, you can do some basic validation but if you get too complex, the system can start to break down--that's where some custom code comes in.

248 countries is a ton. Josh listed 7. Many companies do 3-4.