SOLVED

Dynamic links in Email

Go to solution
artemvoitik
Level 1

Dynamic links in Email

Hi there,

I try to create smart email campaign with dynamic link.

As an example: online.fleetcor.de/etede?source="dynamic text"

So I created some token 

artemvoitik_0-1652360596983.png

and I also use the token for a link:

artemvoitik_1-1652360688346.png

After that I sent sample of email to myself. It works fine only on web version. 

Here is a short video: https://monosnap.com/file/o9V3pYyuw0Io362SYCwhZWjO2Cycaz

Could you please help me to resolve the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Dynamic links in Email

If you're outputting a part of link via velocity, you should include "mktNoTrack" class in the <a> tag in HTML (reference snapshot below). Only the links that are emitted completely (<a> through </a>) through the velocity token can be tracked for click activities in Marketo. You'd need to disable the tracking in-case you're outputting only a part of link through the velocity script, else the URLs will be malformed.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1652364384888.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

If you're outputting a part of link via velocity, you should include "mktNoTrack" class in the <a> tag in HTML (reference snapshot below). Only the links that are emitted completely (<a> through </a>) through the velocity token can be tracked for click activities in Marketo. You'd need to disable the tracking in-case you're outputting only a part of link through the velocity script, else the URLs will be malformed.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1652364384888.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There’s another mistake here (in addition to what Darshil mentions about such partial links not working unless you mark them as notrack):

• You’re arbitrarily using the 0th Opportunity in the list. Lists must be assumed to be unordered, so you must apply a sort ($sorter.sort) to the List, or iterate over the list and do addtional filtering, to know which one you’re using.

Also, I assume from the token name that the value is already URL-encoded. Is that the case, and can you provide an example value?