SOLVED

Re: Dynamic Landing Page for Sales Team

Go to solution
Demeter
Level 2

Dynamic Landing Page for Sales Team

Hello Community,

I believe I'm overthinking my logic and it may not be possible to achieve it my way.

Email is sent -> lead (who we already have certain criteria for in DB) clicks link -> goes to LP with a form -> completes form -> information emails sales rep.

Goal: to have one dynamic landing page that displays their associated regional reps information with a form that upon completion, will be sent to the rep. Each rep covers a specific region, which is already established in SFDC so we would know which reps info to display

Short of creating different LPs for each sales person, is there a way to create one LP and have the leads' sales reps information display based on, let's say, the leads identifying state?

I'm looking for best practice and cleanest way to accomplish this without so much clutter. Working on an instance that has already had many hands on it and is cluttered.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

If there is only one page which is dynamic by Segmentation, you don't need different links. There is just one. (Or do I not understand the question correctly?)

And btw: You can enforce a segmented view by using URL parameters:

www.example.com?segmentationname=segmentname

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You definitely don't need more than one LP.

How many different inputs are there? You say "state" - do you mean the 50ish US States? (The number of input variations matters for finding the best solution.)

Demeter
Level 2

There are 50 US states are broken down into 6  regions. Each sales rep has certain states in their region.

i.e Sales rep 1 has Georgia, Kentucky, New York - When a lead clicks the "reserve appointment" link in the email, should go to the landing page where it displays that sales reps information. Then the triggers would take over sending him the request.

Appreciate the help @SanfordWhiteman 

SanfordWhiteman

But you don't know the person's State until they choose it after landing on the page, correct?
Demeter
Level 2

actually we do know the state. It's already in the DB

SanfordWhiteman

So create a Segmentation and use Dynamic Content!
Demeter
Level 2

would you mind detailing the flow? 😑

I have created the LP with segmentation by sales rep. The dynamic LP part is working, just not the link to direct to the right page

my logic is: if Lead X is from State Y and clicks link-> Display associated sales reps Z information on LP

Michael_Florin
Level 10

If there is only one page which is dynamic by Segmentation, you don't need different links. There is just one. (Or do I not understand the question correctly?)

And btw: You can enforce a segmented view by using URL parameters:

www.example.com?segmentationname=segmentname

Demeter
Level 2

Yes there is one dynamic LP, segmented by sales rep that displays their information. The goal would be to use 1 link, but how does the link know the "lead" is from state X and sends it to the LP that will display the correct reps info?

That's where I am getting lost. Am I missing a step somewhere in the link setup? 

and TIA @Michael_Florin 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

When the Munchkin session gets associated with a person's record (which it would when they click the tracked LP from the email as the mkt_tok query parameter in the tracked link will associate the request with the person's segment) they should see the LP content as per their respective segment. Since you're routing people to the LP from an email, this should be sufficient for people to see the correct content per the segment into which they fall.

The other way would be by including the query parameter to specify the segment in the URL parameter - the person would see the content as per the segment mentioned in the QP even if there isn't a Munchkin session associated with the person's record.