SOLVED

Re: Dynamic Content: remove full module in Email

Go to solution
Anna_Einramhof
Level 1

Dynamic Content: remove full module in Email

Hi all,

I want to make a full module in my email only visible for segment 1. 

I have built an email with all content in it, then I have made each elements in this module dynamic that should not show up for Segment 2 and have cleared the content in those elements.

The content now does not show up for segment 2 in the preview, but it leaves a big white space.

Any suggestions on different approaches or how to get rid of the white space?

Thanks,

Anna

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Anna,

From my experience with Dynamic Content in emails, I did expect the outcome that you are receiving.  Dynamic Content is designed to present different content in an email section based on the segment that the person is assigned to.  I would expect that a blank content section in a dynamic email would present the section but with no content, in that content block. 

If you want to continue using a single email to dynamically present information, you could look at deploying a velocity script solution.  Sanford Whiteman is an expert on Velocity and can point you in the right direction.

However, if you want to look at a no-code approach, what I would recommend if you don't want the spaces to appear is to clone the email for each of the groups that you don't want to show the content section in question, send the emails out as "static" and then use your Segmentation in a smart campaign flow using choice options rather than within the email.  Your flow step would look something like this.

Choice 1:  Segment is Segment A -->  Send Email:  Email for Segment A

Choice 2:  Segment is Segment B -->  Send Email:  Email for Segment B

Default Choice:  Send Email:  Email for Default Segment.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Anna,

From my experience with Dynamic Content in emails, I did expect the outcome that you are receiving.  Dynamic Content is designed to present different content in an email section based on the segment that the person is assigned to.  I would expect that a blank content section in a dynamic email would present the section but with no content, in that content block. 

If you want to continue using a single email to dynamically present information, you could look at deploying a velocity script solution.  Sanford Whiteman is an expert on Velocity and can point you in the right direction.

However, if you want to look at a no-code approach, what I would recommend if you don't want the spaces to appear is to clone the email for each of the groups that you don't want to show the content section in question, send the emails out as "static" and then use your Segmentation in a smart campaign flow using choice options rather than within the email.  Your flow step would look something like this.

Choice 1:  Segment is Segment A -->  Send Email:  Email for Segment A

Choice 2:  Segment is Segment B -->  Send Email:  Email for Segment B

Default Choice:  Send Email:  Email for Default Segment.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Thanks for sharing the code samples.