Re: Dynamic Content on Guided Landing Page using Variables?

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Dynamic Content on Guided Landing Page using Variables?

I am trying to use dynamic content for a certain segment of my database to show/hide variable sections of my guided landing page. Is this possible? It doesn't seem like I can show/hide variables from the different dynamic sections (it's more overarching, than dynamic contingent). any ideas out there to get this to happen somewhat simplistically?

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi JD,

I gather you are trying to make the value of a guided LP variable dependent of a segment ?

I just ran a complete test and it appears that, on Guided LPs, only text elements can be segmented, which is a weird limit. One cannot have a image element, nor a variable made dynamic.

I just have added this point to this idea :

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JD/Greg,

You are able to specify which regions or variables should be editable in the template. Whichever regions or variables you declare to be editable in the template will be available for customization within the "Guided" landing page editor. There are two ways to declare something to be editable:

1) Declare an object as an "element" - you will be able to add/modify images, text, or assets in the element specified.

2) Declare a string as a "variable" - you will be able to add/modify this with boolean fields, colors, or a string.   

So if you want to want to edit an image or any other element, you will need to specify this variable in the template as an element. Here's some pretty comprehensive documentation if you would like to reference: Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

- Sasha

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Quite sure Greg (Level 8 Community user and Champ) is aware of this.

The specific question here is about segmenting not simply allocating elements or variables. With the advent of "cleared" or "unassigned" elements with GLPTs, which elements are segmentable is now (a tiny bit) more confusing.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

You cannot segment on variables in guided landing pages, only editable elements. I agree that would be awesome, so +1 on the idea.

You should be able to use dynamic content with editable image elements. You don't see that element in the list when you expand the "dynamic content" pane in the editor?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Justin Cooperman​,

You are right, it works also for the other elements.

The disturbing element is that the "segment by" remains greyed until the element is populated. Would be worth some documentation

pastedImage_1.png

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

PS : I have edited the ideas   and   in order to reflect this.