Re: Dynamic Content Email

S_D1
Level 4

Dynamic Content Email

Hi,

We are using dynamic content in our emails. I am able to preview different content based on the different segments ( industry segmentstion).

I have doubt about - how to set up the program?

1. Will Marketo take care to send relevant content to respective industry segment? In smart list, I am adding industry segmentation " IS ANY"

2. When I am trying for A/B testing on subject line, there is an option for only the " Default email"  and not for different industry specific subject line. Is there any way to test for other subject lines?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Your smart list should not need to do anything special about Industry. If the person has Industry values then they'll get the correct content. If they have no Industry, they'll get the Default content.

So you could force it by saying Industry IS NOT EMPTY, but not really necessary.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

If they created an industry segmentation than wouldn't they need to use that same segmentation filter in their smart list?

Use Segment Filters in a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

I think you can specify the Default segment value when you create the actual segmentation.

Segmentation Order Priority - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Tom Kerlin
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If they created an industry segmentation than wouldn't they need to use that same segmentation filter in their smart list?

Only if you wanted to exclude people who were in the default segment (and thus would've gotten the default dynamic content).

Otherwise it doesn't matter how you qualify for the SL.

S_D1
Level 4

HI Sanford,

"Standard dynamic content using segments doesn't do anything you don't tell it to. If you segment the content slices, people will get segment-specific content; otherwise, everyone sees the same content."

What do you mean by " If you segment the content slices" . I have segmented subject line and Body_Text for industry segments. is this the way to segment the content slices?

When I am trying for A/B testing on subject line, there is an option for only the " Default email"  and not for different industry specific subject line. Is there any way to test for other subject lines?

dynamic content.PNG

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. Will Marketo take care to send relevant content to respective industry segment? In smart list, I am adding industry segmentation " IS ANY"

Standard dynamic content using segments doesn't do anything you don't tell it to. If you segment the content slices, people will get segment-specific content; otherwise, everyone sees the same content.