SOLVED

Durable Unsub - updatePersonEmailStatus

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Durable Unsub - updatePersonEmailStatus

Hi all,

I have an instance of a person who was imported as a lead, their Unsub status went through System Flow Action, resetLeadEmailStatus, which changed them immediately to Unsub=True. Fair enough. 10 days later in their activity logged they are recorded as System Flow Action, updatePersonEmailStatus, Unsub changed to False. No other actions, no open email, no click on link, no change of list membership..

Can anyone explain why this would happen? I've spent a week learning everythign there is to know about Durable Unsubs, but this renders everything I thought I'd learnt invalid.

Thanks gurus!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Durable Unsub - updatePersonEmailStatus

Search for

• the current Email Address attribute matching the address you're looking for
  • a Data Value Change to Email Address where the Old Value is the address

It's even possible that the triggering lead has been completely deleted from your db. So you need a certain level of trust that the activity happened for a good + predictable reason. Marketo experts trust Durable Unsubscribe 100%, so take it from us... we develop a lot of skepticism over time, but not about this feature.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Check if their Email Address has changed.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Would that not appear in the activity log? I made a query: data value changed, new email add. = xx, it returned 0 people.

SanfordWhiteman

Sorry, left out the other part: check for someone else with their current Email Address who has had their Unsubscribed flipped to true. This activity propagates, via updatePersonEmailStatus, from person to person.

However, if you're trying to reproduce what happened later on in time, the triggering person's Email Address may no longer match their Email Address. So you won't find them in a simple attribute search.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thanks Sanford,

Just so I am doing it right:

Data Value Change > Unsub > New Value = True > reason contains = updatePersonEmailStatus

Email address is [address in question]

?

SanfordWhiteman

Search for

• the current Email Address attribute matching the address you're looking for
  • a Data Value Change to Email Address where the Old Value is the address

It's even possible that the triggering lead has been completely deleted from your db. So you need a certain level of trust that the activity happened for a good + predictable reason. Marketo experts trust Durable Unsubscribe 100%, so take it from us... we develop a lot of skepticism over time, but not about this feature.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thanks Sanford. No person came up against that, so I'm happy to let it go at this hour on a Friday. TGIF!