Re: Drupul forms with hidden lead_source, not showing up in Marketo Lead Source Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drupul forms with hidden lead_source, not showing up in Marketo Lead Source Filter

I am creating Drupal forms where the Lead Source (lead_source) is a hidden field with a label applied so the lead can be sorted via filters in Marketo.

I have noticed in Marketo when I create a New Smart List, then filter the Smart List using the Lead Source Filter, I am unable to see the form I have created from the dropdown menu. Previously this was working on other forms, but the forms created recently are not showing up.  I am, however, able to see the form submission in an All Leads Smart List, but am unable to filter by source if I wanted to make a different Smart List.

Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone guide me in the right direction to troubleshoot?

We are using the modules Marketo MA 7.x-1.5 and Marketo MA Webform 7.x1.5 on a Drupal 7 site. There are no apparent conflicts with the modules and we have this working on other forms on the same site.

We did notice an association between the email used in test submissions and the lead source in Marketo. It appears that only one lead source can be applied to an email address. It’s realistic within our application that a user may fill out more than one form, using the same email address from a different lead source. Please clarify if perhaps we are not using this correctly, or if this is a bug / setting somewhere that can be fixed or adjusted.

Thanks for your time.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Drupul forms with hidden lead_source, not showing up in Marketo Lead Source Filter

Do you have any logs of requests and responses for the for the outbound requests that these forms are using?  You can redact the values if needed.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Brad,

Are you sure the lead source field not protected against update ? (look into admin -> field management, select the source field and check there is no "Block update from" API value, as I gather the Drupal module probably use the API).

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg,

Your suggestion seemed to have worked.

- B