SOLVED

Integrate lead tracking (AtEvent) with Marketo or SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Integrate lead tracking (AtEvent) with Marketo or SFDC?

We purchased AtEvent, one of Marketo's LaunchPoint partners for lead tracking at events and the SFDC team integrated it directly into the CRM. We have only used it for 1-2 events at this time. Now that I'm implementing Marketo, I'm not sure which is a better practice - to integrate the lead tracking app with Marketo and have leads flow up into SFDC or to keep it integrated with SFDC and let leads / information flow down into Marketo.

One thing to consider is that 100% of the leads scanned with this app need to go to SFDC (although not all of my leads from Marketo sync with SFDC) because my sales reps would be VERY confused if they were scanning people and then could not find them in the system later.

So should I waterfall down from SFDC and push leads into Marketo, or should I connect AtEvent with Marketo and push all leads from it up into SFDC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Integrate lead tracking (AtEvent) with Marketo or SFDC?

Hi Christina,

It's always better to have a consistent flow External source -> Marketo -> SFDC. ONe of the reason is that Marketo is basically better than salesforce at deduplicating leads, unless you have implemented a lead deduplication solution in SFDC.

Making sure that you always push leads from Marketo to SFDC for your events is a no brainer. Either you use a program in Marketo that is synched to a salesforce campaign, and in this case all leads added to the program will be automatically pushed to SFDC or you create a smart campaign that sync all leads from AtEvent to SFDC.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Integrate lead tracking (AtEvent) with Marketo or SFDC?

Hi Christina,

It's always better to have a consistent flow External source -> Marketo -> SFDC. ONe of the reason is that Marketo is basically better than salesforce at deduplicating leads, unless you have implemented a lead deduplication solution in SFDC.

Making sure that you always push leads from Marketo to SFDC for your events is a no brainer. Either you use a program in Marketo that is synched to a salesforce campaign, and in this case all leads added to the program will be automatically pushed to SFDC or you create a smart campaign that sync all leads from AtEvent to SFDC.

-Greg