Re: Drip email in wait step but should have sent today?

angcasper
Level 2

Drip email in wait step but should have sent today?

Email #4 in my drip campaign was scheduled send today at 11am EST but it did not go out. The drip level shows it's running campaign in wait step. Can someone help explain why it's still sitting in a wait step and how can I determine what day this email is going to send. Below are screenshots of the drip campaign status. I've also included the 3 emails that did send with dates for reference. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 12.52.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-26 at 12.53.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-26 at 12.53.24 PM.png

Emails 1-3 were sent on dates shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 12.58.03 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If I'm not wrong, this is correct, campaign will send out the email #4 to people tomorrow at 11 AM ET! The wait step (flow step #8) is set to add people in the duration wait step for 7 days (1 week) after the May 19th send at 1 PM, which implies that people will be in wait step till May 26th, 1 PM after the email #3 send, but if you look closely the wait flow step # 8 which is before the Email #4 send step is set to a duration wait step that must end at 11 AM. Since it was already past 11 AM when people completed their 7 days wait step (today at 1 PM ET), people will be held in the wait step till tomorrow 11 AM ET, and will then progress to the further flow steps. Hope this makes sense

angcasper
Level 2

Thank you so much for clarifying Darshil and for your speedy reply. When I was being taught, someone told me differently. This makes so much more sense! 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Awesome, glad that I could help!