Re: Double opt-in best practice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Double opt-in best practice

How best to implement double opt-in with Marketo?

I have in mind the following steps
  1. Registration form submit
  2. Profile created with marketing suspended (or field noting 'do not send')
  3. Email Receipt to registrant with link for confirmation
  4. If link not clicked in X days, expire the account i.e. delete or mark do not send
  5. If link clicked before X days, remove marketing suspended and possibly log date
Possibly there is already a feature?

The above steps are missing a randomized number for confirmation e.g. random url for confirmation per user OR randomized registration number. How can I do this?

Thanks
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their Marketo cookie will serve as their "random registration number". Your steps outlined sound like the way most users are doing this now. There is no pre-existing feature in place.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Jason. This is exactly how you would do this. 

You don't really need to expire them (unless that's something to do with your product) because if they never click the link, their flag will not be changed and thus they will never get email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I've been looking to implement double opt-in as well and was thinking about the same set up as described above.

I know how to put a hidden field in a form, but can't seem to figure out how to create a hidden field which gives the leads the Marketing Suspended status by default. I've tried to use the field 'Marketing Suspended' (field type hidden) with default value 'true', but this didn't work. 

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks!