SOLVED

Dodgey import funtion

Go to solution
Hoppers13
Level 4

Dodgey import funtion

, we have 3 instsances of marketo (dont ask).

but i'm having issues importing from our live instance to test. i'm using the desired settings, but the emails arent copying over, only the programs & reports. the assets folder is there but no emails. please can anyone help?

i've triple checked the campaigns, they all reference their respective emails and are all aproved.

thanks, Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hoppers13
Level 4

Re: Dodgey import funtion

Hi Katja, so we don't use snippets anymore, decided they were more trouble than they were worth for us. we choose to replace existing template as the template the emails are using are the same.

we do have a segment applied so will try stripping that out.

thanks, Mike

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Sounds good! Let us know how it goes. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

I'd suppose you have opened up the bridge b/w your source and destination instances. Do you see any error messages while trying to import email? You'd have to ensure all the dependencies (e.g., associated templates) are taken care of and apt conflict resolution settings are in place.

Katja_Keesom

In addition to @Darshil_Shah1 's feedback, have you removed any snippets from your emails? For the actual email template you can indeed select a setting to define how to handle the use of it, but the same doesn't apply to snippets. They need to be removed and added back in after importing.

Hoppers13
Level 4

Hi Katja, so we don't use snippets anymore, decided they were more trouble than they were worth for us. we choose to replace existing template as the template the emails are using are the same.

we do have a segment applied so will try stripping that out.

thanks, Mike

Darshil_Shah1

Sounds good! Let us know how it goes. 🙂

Hoppers13
Level 4

it worked!

Katja_Keesom

That sounds like an external reference that could cause issues as well for sure. Curious to hear whether that was indeed the issue.