SOLVED

Re: Discrepancy between clicks in Email Performance Report and Email Link Report

Go to solution
Dean548
Level 2

Discrepancy between clicks in Email Performance Report and Email Link Report

Hi all,

I noticed a discrepancy between the 'Clicked Email' column in Email Performance Report and  the 'People' column in Email Link Performance Report, my understanding is that the number in the 'People' column should be the same number as what's in the 'Clicked Email' column. Is my thinking wrong or is this an issue?

Email Link Performance Report

cb6b033b-3f97-4c8a-8d8f-5392c7f0ef6e.png

Email Performance Report

Email performance report sc.png

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
uditmathur
Level 5

Re: Discrepancy between clicks in Email Performance Report and Email Link Report

Hi Dean,

From the screenshots shared it seems there are multiple links in One email.

People column in Email Link Performance report indicates Unique number of people clicked that link. Since your email has multiple links, it is inferred that in your scenario some people have clicked more then 1 links in that email. Hence you are seeing more people as compared to Email Performance report.

Hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The same unique person could have clicked more than once on the same link is the short answer. Number of People would always be less than or equal to number of  Clicks- as a person could’ve clicked the link in each row at least 1x. I hope this clarifies your question. Please let us know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
uditmathur
Level 5

Hi Dean,

From the screenshots shared it seems there are multiple links in One email.

People column in Email Link Performance report indicates Unique number of people clicked that link. Since your email has multiple links, it is inferred that in your scenario some people have clicked more then 1 links in that email. Hence you are seeing more people as compared to Email Performance report.

Hope this clarifies.

Dean548
Level 2

Hi uditmathur,

Marketo's definition for the clicked email column is "people who clicked at least one link in this email" and based on what your saying it seems that the people column is suppose to indicate the same thing as it tracks the number of unique people who have clicked a link.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The same unique person could have clicked more than once on the same link is the short answer. Number of People would always be less than or equal to number of  Clicks- as a person could’ve clicked the link in each row at least 1x. I hope this clarifies your question. Please let us know if you have any questions.