Best Practices for Global Forms to track content

yelena
Level 1

Best Practices for Global Forms to track content

Hi, I've been reading the board discussions and still don't quite understand how people are using global forms to track content for automation within Marketo. I understand I can rely on the Data Value Change, but I was hoping to have something that last longer than 90 days. I was exploring stamping Interesting Moments with a Content ID value that would be populated on the form, but how do I tokenize this new field? Or is there a better way entirely? 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best Practices for Global Forms to track content

Best to not say “tokenize” as that term is used at least 3 different ways in Marketoland. It’s too ambiguous to be useful here!

Do you mean “How do you store the submitted value of one or more form fields in an Interesting Moment?”

Please give fuller details about your intended outcome.

yelena
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman Thank you, will keep that in mind! Sorry for the delayed response. My question - is it best practice to store submitted value of a form in an Interesting Moment to extent the retention period of said value? Or is there a better alternative? 

In my company we're moving from multiple forms per report to a global form. However, we also rely of the form name to identify report that has been consumed. 

Additionally, if there is a lot of content being consumed, say multiple global form fills in the span of a couple minutes, will relying on data value change to filter become unreliable?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Interesting Moments and Filled Out Form activities both expire from the logs after 25 months.

So you actually do have the submitted values already, should you need to go back to them for some reason, although you need to use the API to get at the FOF activity data.

A more robust method is to use a webhook-compatible service to save form fill data to a Custom Object. I’d typically recommend that over trying to use IMs.