SOLVED

Direct Mailer QR Code to Non-Marketo LP Tracking

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Direct Mailer QR Code to Non-Marketo LP Tracking

Hello all!

We're looking at how to "track" direct mailers within Marketo in the sense of being able to add "Leads" into Marketo and then track if any results occur from the Leads.

Initial thoughts are to do something like:

1. Load mailing list into Marketo channel for direct mail

2. Attribute the "sent mailer" on date sent out
3. Use a QR Code with UTMs or other "tie-in" on the mailer to direct back to our website and applications. . . 

This is the step I am stuck on - found @SanfordWhiteman's blog post on the Associator Token (Generating Munchkin Associator Tokens in SFDC/Apex or FlowBoost/JS — TEKNKL :: Blog) but it seems that this is depreciated and also might not apply in content of a QR Code or basic UTM.

Any recommendations on how to get a flow like "Lead in Marketo --> Mailer --> QR Code/UTM --> Non-Marketo LP" and tie the web page visits in Marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Direct Mailer QR Code to Non-Marketo LP Tracking

This is the step I am stuck on - found @SanfordWhiteman's blog post on the Associator Token (Generating Munchkin Associator Tokens in SFDC/Apex or FlowBoost/JS — TEKNKL :: Blog) but it seems that this is depreciated and also might not apply in content of a QR Code or basic UTM.

Correct, associator tokens no longer work because the associateLead function was removed.

But you can get much the same functionality by posting a hidden Marketo form. Note, though, that mail scanners will load your page and if the form automatically submits (as opposed to requiring some user interaction) that’ll vastly inflate your apparent pageviews. On the bright side, those mail scanner sessions will only have the one pageview.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Correct, associator tokens no longer work because the associateLead function was removed.

But you can get much the same functionality by posting a hidden Marketo form. Note, though, that mail scanners will load your page and if the form automatically submits (as opposed to requiring some user interaction) that’ll vastly inflate your apparent pageviews. On the bright side, those mail scanner sessions will only have the one pageview.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Thank you! I will take a look and see if that works for our needs.

As always, thank you for your help!