Difference in number of leads through Marketo and Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in number of leads through Marketo and Facebook

Can anyone help me with one issue that I am facing in tracking leads in Marketo for social media campaigns. We have used the query strings in URLs  for the social media channels. We are using hidden field in the flow, the value is being auto filled from URL parameter and parameter is source.

For campaign flow, we are simply using fills out form and web page triggers.

The number of conversions in Facebook business manager is different from number of form fill outs in Marketo. Can anyone help me to understand why is it happening?

3 REPLIES 3
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Difference in number of leads through Marketo and Facebook

Hi Sargam,

Are you using the Facebook pixel to define your custom conversion? If you're using the Custom Audience pixel or the older conversion tracking pixel, you don't actually have the ability to set your conversion, so the conversion simply fires whenever the pixel is loaded. This can lead to the numbers skewing differently than what Marketo tracks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Courtney,

Thanks. Yes, we are using the facebook pixel. The point here is that we are using the same pixel for all type of campaigns. And also, the number in Marketo is coming out to be lesser than numbers in facebook. If we use the older conversion pixel for a new campaign, would it not track all the facebook conversions in Marketo?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Where and how are you embedding the pixel?  Are you using any "tag managers" (ugh), JS event listeners, or other dynamic loading mechanisms?

What's a sample URL?