Deleting Unsubscribes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting Unsubscribes

I am looking to clean up our database and had a question about deleting leads that have unsubscribed.  I want to confirm within the community that if I delete emails out of our database with a "true" unsubscribe value that a lead with that same email address will not be recreated after it is deleted.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting Unsubscribes

You can confirm with support, but Marketo keeps a record of all unsubscribes for you in the event that records are deleted and then recreated at a later date. The "new" record will be unsubscribed.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, there is a durable unsubscribe. If you delete a lead, Marketo keeps a table such that if the lead fills in a form, they are automatically unsubscribed until they take an action to re-sub.

So the lead CAN be recreated if it returns via SFDC, Form Fill, or Import. It will just be unsubbed.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

We have a smart campaign that changes the Unsubscribed field value from 'true' to 'false' if a lead submits a new form (i.e opt-in).  This will override the durable unsubscribe if a deleted lead is re-created via a form submission.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

This post gives you some information about the Durable Unsubscribe and how it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10