Deleting an imported list

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting an imported list

If I imported the wrong list into my database using the List Import Program, how can I delete the list and all the leads in the list from my database. They are the wrorng leads and are going to go against my database limit. There must be a way to remove the list... any ideas.

-Paul
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting an imported list

You can do this through a smart campaign in the lead database. You would select the members of that list and then choose to delete them. It will come up with about a million pop up windows asking if you are sure.
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

If you uploaded the leads via a static list, assuming you want to delete all leads in the list you can also go to the list, select all leads and delete the leads (both the 'Select All' and 'Delete Leads' buttons are near the top of your screen​ as shown below).  As Nicole mentioned, there will be a million windows asking you to confirm that you truly want to delete the leads.
0EM50000000SmPY.jpg
Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

How will Delete Lead affect SalesForce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tracy,

Great question.  You will have to select true or false from the dropdown in the popup that appears to indicate whether the lead should also be deleted in SFDC, or whether it should remain in that system.  We always recommend deleting in both systems to ensure consistency in data and subsequent reporting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I do this and delete all the leads, are they REALLY deleted or are they just hidden whereby they are no longer accessible to a program?  If they still reside there and are hidden, then they will be included in my lead databse count...

Thanks. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

They would be deleted and not in your lead count. That is why they have all of the pop-ups to make sure that is what you really want.