SOLVED

Delay Nuture Program for Nine to Ten Months

Go to solution
Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Delay Nuture Program for Nine to Ten Months

We have a product which requires a reminder sent to our client, approximately 9.5 to 10 months after their initial project is completed. I'd like to set up a program in Marketo to auto-generate this information to clients as a three step 'nurture' campaign, as we'll be sending a total of two to three messages to these clients.

The easiest way I can see to do this is to first have the specific clients added to a Smart Campaign with a flow step that looks like this:

a: 'wait step' with a time frame of 9.5 months

b: 'add to list step' which will then add members of the smart program to the smart list 'send message now'

The membership for the nurture campaign which will ultimately send the messaging will be fed by members of the 'send message now' smart list.

Will this work? Is there an easier/better way to accomplish this task?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Delay Nuture Program for Nine to Ten Months

I don't think you need an engagement nurture. A simple change to your program campaign is enough:

1. Trigger: project is done
  2. Wait 275 days until MF at 8am
  3. Add to List (if you want): Reached 270 days
  4. Send Email 1
  5. Wait
  6. Send Email 2
  7. Wait
  8. Send Email 3

If you prefer, you can have Step 2 Request a campaign with the emails. Seems like a wasted campaign though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I don't think you need an engagement nurture. A simple change to your program campaign is enough:

1. Trigger: project is done
  2. Wait 275 days until MF at 8am
  3. Add to List (if you want): Reached 270 days
  4. Send Email 1
  5. Wait
  6. Send Email 2
  7. Wait
  8. Send Email 3

If you prefer, you can have Step 2 Request a campaign with the emails. Seems like a wasted campaign though.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I think Josh is right--unless they're entering different streams for different messages/stages in the buying funnel you can probably accomplish a simple 'drip' campaign and do everything in one program. Your thoughts seem solid!

If you use Josh's approach, be sure to add in 'remove from flow' if that's applicable for this message at all. (IE they're being asked to sign up or renew and already have)

Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Excellent - thanks for your help!